Rustic texture, painted patina and pieces with a whole lot of character. Mixed with clean lines and simplicity. What do you think of when you think of farmhouse style? And what about modern farmhouse style?
Farmhouse Style Favorites
You could sum up farmhouse & modern farmhouse style just by picking up on what speaks to you the most. I think I lean more towards French or English farmhouse style vs American farmhouse style. But traditional antique farmhouses filled with authentic pieces and patina do charm me- and there are definitely some lovely elements to embrace and mix in with any style in ‘farmhouse’ style.
Modern Farmhouse brings a bit more of the simple to the mix. Cleaner lines, glossy finishes, brassy metals & layers of neutrals create a beautiful more modern version of that much loved style. I have to say I love the simplicity that more modern touch has. It is a fresher, cleaner take on farmhouse style that easily fits into many homes old and new. It has been highly popular for many years now and there is an abundance of different elements out there to add a touch to your home.
Whichever ‘farmhouse’ style is your favorite- you can mix and mingle elements to create your own signature look.
In the little cottage
Our guest cottage kitchen has a little bit of farmhouse style-With the lanterns, farmhouse table island, sink and vintage cupboards -it has a charm reminiscent of old farmhouse kitchens.
And the great news is that with farmhouse style being a ‘collected look style – you can take what you love and leave what you don’t.
- If you love neutrals – bring on the layers & natural textures.
- Simple wood finishes? Bring those fresh touches in with layers of cutting boards on the counters, raw finish stools and chairs with exposed frames.
- Love a classic slipcover look? There are so many great options that have sleek lines and simple details that fit this style perfectly.
- Bring in the brass accents in lighting, bits of wicker and rattan and charming topiaries in pots.
- Add a pop of red, black or blue to your neutrals to warm them up.
There is no right or wrong way to embrace those farmhouse style elements and enjoy them in your home.
Farmhouse style Favorites
We did a bit of shopping and found a lot of great pieces for farmhouse and modern farmhouse style decor. I have a few of these in my cart as we speak- and I spotted a few new pieces coming out in a couple of weeks that I am pretty sure are going to be in the cart soon. Just click the photos below for more info.
Happy Decorating all!
*contains affiliate links