Are you a fan of chunky roasted or sautéed beets? How about butternut squash? With sautéed garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper?
Oh good. Then I think you will LOVE this salad.
Fresh Beets on repeat
First up- I am OBSESSED with fresh beets. I could literally eat them every day and not get tired of them. The good news is – beets are super healthy- so they are a food I can feel good about being obsessed with.
My husband generally cooks the beets with fresh chopped garlic- but you can also use a garlic salt if you prefer- or just plain old sea salt and pepper. We created this recipe without the extra garlic (we LOVE it- but know it isn’t for everyone) so feel free to add it in if you love garlic as much as we do- the beets and butternut with fresh garlic are EVEN MORE DELICIOUS.
And of course- you can always tinker with the recipe – leave off the feta cheese or use a vegan cheese if you prefer. Omit the nuts if you aren’t loving them and use an herb mix for your greens. It really is so easy to customize however you would like.
Ready to Enjoy?
Here is a quick video we put together for you showing how easy it is to make this- and a printable recipe below if you would like one!
Happy summer salad making!
Sautéed Beet & Butternut Salad
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 Large Fresh beets
- 1/2 Butternut squash- cut in half
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic (if desired)
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese (if desired)
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- Salt & pepper to taste, Balsamic Vinegar drizzle if desired.
- Clean, peel and chop the beets, butternut squash, garlic & red onion Set aside red onion.
- Saute separately in olive oil to keep the butternut from staining. Saute garlic along with one of them if you are using. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Wash your spinach and layer on serving platter
- Top spinach with chopped onion. Spoon squash, beets and garlic onto spinach. Sprinkle with feta cheese & pecans.
- Chill if desired and drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.
14 Delicious Summer Salad Recipes
Asian Noodle Salad with Toasted Sesame Dressing // Happy Happy Nester
Simple Burrata and Tomato Salad // Craftberry Bush
Strawberry Avocado and Pecan Summer Salad // Maison de Pax
Fresh Sauteed Beet & Butternut Salad // French Country Cottage
Pasta Salad With Summer Tomatoes // Modern Glam
Asian Noodle Salad // Finding Lovely
Easy Spinach and Fruit Summer Salad Recipe // Zevy Joy
Blueberry Summer Salad // My 100 Year Old Home
Pacific Northwest Cobb Salad // Lemon Grove Lane
Refreshing & Healthy Cauliflower Summer Salad // My Sweet Savannah
Easy Vegan Lentil Bolognese Salad // Shabbyfufu
Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad With Balsamic Dressing // Twelve on Main
Summer Peach Spinach Salad // Sanctuary Home Decor
The Easiest Bow Tie Pasta Salad // Your Marketing BFF