Simple, sweet and absolutely delicious- this recipe for pecan fudge Christmas cookies will be one you want to make again and again.
Fudge Cookie Goodness
I first discovered this recipe years ago and used to make these every year for the holidays. They were always requested by the kids- big and little- and always disappear quickly.
I customized the original recipe a bit- I also rolled the balls of cookie in the pecans for even more yum. And there are a couple more ways to make them your favorite way- you can use any kind of Hershey’s kiss or Hug – I love them with both white chocolate wrapped Hugs or a big mouthful of melted chocolate kisses too. And I have even tried them with peppermint kisses and caramel filled kisses and they are so good too. So just go with your favorite.
As well, you can drizzle the tops with white chocolate or just leave as is for a little less sweetness- I showed 3 different ways in the cookies I just made for Thanksgiving- rolled in nuts, regular and drizzled with white chocolate- just go with the one that speaks to you.
Fudge Candy Filled Cookies
- 1 12oz package Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine
- 1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Cups flour
- 60 chocolate candies Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kisses or Hugs
- 2 oz White Chocolate
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup Optional – chopped pecans (for rolling)
- Heat oven to 350°F -combine chocolate chips and margarine in saucepan and cook while stirring continuously over very low heat until chips are melted and smooth. Note- the mixture will be stiff. Add condensed milk and mix well. In large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cups of nuts, melted chocolate mixture and vanilla extract and mix well. Shape 1 tablespoon dough around each milk chocolate kiss covering completely. Place 1 inch apart on baking paper lined or ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F. for 6 to 8 minutes- being careful not to overtake. The cookies will be soft and appear shiny and will become firm as they cool. Remove from cookie sheets and cool 15 minutes.
- While the cookies cool- combine baking bar and shortening in saucepan and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
These cookies are must makes every year during the holidays- and if bringing to a cookie exchange or party- they are so easy to place inside little wrappers or inside small bits of cellophane or something pretty for a festive touch. And a tip? Enjoy when they are just cooled and warm yet- the BEST!
Shop the look | Ingredients
Don’t miss what my friends are sharing today too-