So simple to make and so delicious. If you love brie cheese and pumpkin spice- this recipe is for you. And it looks absolutely charming on the table if hosting a fun harvest gathering.
I mean, brie cheese that is melted and gooey is one of my favorites. I am all about those brie en croute and brie fondue dips with figs or berries or favorite jams. So why not pumpkin brie? This actually could be just brie with pumpkin if you find that to your tasting- but add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and chopped pecans and it is just enough sweet and oh so delicious.
You can take the rind off the brie if you prefer- it will melt a bit easier and be a creamier texture when served. We wanted a chunkier dip this time- so left it on. Totally up to your preference. And when it comes to topping with pumpkin pie spice and nuts- go with what you prefer. If you would rather have something more savory than sweet- try fresh ground black pepper and truffle oil.
Pumpkin Brie Dip
- 1 whole sugar pumpkin or other favorite baking pumpkin
- 1 Wheel Brie Cheese (adjust according to size of pumpkin)
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- Slice the top off the pumpkin like you would a jack o lantern- and remove the seeds from the top and inside. Replace top on pumpkin and wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees for an hour until fork is inserted into the pumpkin easily. You may need to adjust the timing based on how large your pumpkin is.
- Remove pumpkin from oven.
- Remove the rind off the brie cheese if desired and cut into chunks for easier melting. Place the cheese inside the pumpkin and put back into the oven for an additional 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. While baking- cut a baguette into slices for dipping and set aside.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice & chopped pecans if desired.Serve warm with a spoon and scoop pumpkin out along with the brie cheese and top on fresh baked bread or crackers.
Gluten and Dairy-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Zevy Joy |
Old Fashioned Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake by Handmade Farmhouse